- Notice to Residents from Chief Michael McMahon, Hillsborough Police Department
- Saint Patrick’s Day – Safe Passage Impaired Driving Enforcement Campaign
- Hillsborough Township Police Department Begins Accreditation Process Through New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police (NJSACOP)
Welcome to the official website of the Hillsborough Township Police Department. We value our relationship with this community and realize the quality of service we provide is dependent upon effective communication and cooperation with our citizens. We have set and will continue to set high standards for our delivery of police services. Hillsborough is a special community that provides so many opportunities to those who live and work here. Our contributions to the betterment of Hillsborough would not be possible if we did not have the support of; our Township Committee and Administrator, The other Municipal Departments of Hillsborough, The Somerset County Prosecutor, and most importantly, the residents of Hillsborough Township.
Chief Mike McMahon
Hillsborough Township Police Department Mission Statement
The Hillsborough Township Police Department is committed to law and order, public safety, and public service. All personnel of the department are valuable members of the organization that serve the public professionally and with the highest degree of integrity. To this end, the Hillsborough Township Police Department is considered one of the finest in the region. This proud legacy is grounded in core values: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless-service, honor, integrity, and personal courage.
- Loyalty means to bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution and New Jersey Constitution.
- Duty means to fulfill your obligations.
- Respect means to treat people as they should be treated.
- Selfless-Service means to put the welfare of the public before your own.
- Honor means to live up to all of the department’s values.
- Integrity means to do what is right, legally and morally.
- Personal Courage means to face fear, danger, or adversity, whether physical or moral.
The Hillsborough Township Police Department unconditionally provides proactive service with the highest level of performance. Members of the organization pride themselves in protecting the public from crime and hazards and providing innovative solutions to community concerns. This service results in a solid partnership between the police and the community for which none can compare.
Hillsborough Township Police Department Values Statement
The primary values of the Hillsborough Township Police Department are three-pronged and include Integrity, Professionalism, and Fairness.
- Integrity: Members perform their duties honestly with an unquestioned respect for the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New Jersey, this guaranteeing the rights of citizens.
- Professionalism: Members are unconditionally professional regardless of the situation or type of encounter.
- Fairness: Members pride themselves in being fair and using sound discretion when making decisions that affect individuals and the public as a whole.
Members of the Hillsborough Township Police Department are committed to providing efficient and effective police services with an emphasis on these core values.