The Building Department is implementing an amended inspection schedule through April 3rd as follows:
- Beginning Thursday, March 26th, Electrical, Fire and Plumbing/Mechanical will conduct inspections and plan review every other day. All Inspectors and Subcode Officials will work their normally scheduled hours.
- Beginning Friday, March 27th, Building will conduct inspections and plan review every other day. All Inspectors and Subcode Officials will work their normally scheduled hours.
- This schedule may be extended through the week of April 6th depending on the status of the State of Emergency.
- Unoccupied new construction projects will continue to be inspected. However, all construction personnel must vacate the area to be inspected after leaving on-site, the released Permit documents and plans for the Inspectors’ use. If the building is closed in, construction personnel are advised to open all windows and doors to air out the building prior to the inspection.
- All required inspections of any work on the exterior or outside of any occupied building will be performed as usual.
- Occupied buildings will not be inspected until further notice. We are developing procedures to temporarily accept electronic submittal and verification of required interior rough inspections, in lieu of our Inspectors entering occupied buildings.
- All Inspections Postponed until Further Notice
- Update on Building Department Protocol
- Permit Pickup Procedures During COVID-19
To ensure the health, safety and welfare of the public, through proper administration of the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, conducted in a courteous and professional manner.
The Building Department is here to assist the public, contractors, and design professionals by providing quality service that is knowledgeable, efficient, comprehensive, and helpful. The department effectively promotes and provides professional plan review, permitting, and inspections of proposed or ongoing construction projects in the community. Navigating the code books and required construction documents may feel cumbersome but this office is here to help guide the community through the process. This department is entrusted with the responsibility to promote code awareness and expertise, assuring building safety and code compliance for the residents.
Click here for the Township’s Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Construction Fee Schedule
Click here for the Hillsborough Township Permit Procurement Timeline
Click here for all building/construction (and Township) forms
Directory of Building Department Staff
Click here to jump to a complete contact list