|As of April 3, 2020 3 pm||Cases||Deaths|
|United States|| 239,279 ||5,443|
Breakdown of Hillsborough Township Cases
|Age Range||# of Positive Cases|
- 4/3/2020 Rotary Club of Hillsborough Announces Grocery Drive for Township Food Pantry
- 4/1/2020 – Hillsborough Township Mayor Tomson Seeks Potential Extension of Grace Periods for Tax and Special Assessment Payments
- 3/27/2020 – A Message from Dr. Antunes, Acting Superintendent of Schools
- 3/25/2020 – Health Officer Confirms First COVID-19 Related Death in Hillsborough Township
- 3/24/2019 – Amsterdam Elementary Exposure
- 3/24/2020 – Township Committee Meeting – Public Access
- 3/22/2020 – Donations of Personal Protective Equipment Sought – Collection Site in Hillsborough
- 3/22/2020 – Potential Planet Fitness COVID-19 Exposure
- 3-21-2020 – Governor’s Order to Close All Non-Essential Retail Businesses
- 3/21/2020 – Hillsborough Township COVID-19 Reported Case Update
- 3/21/2020 – Governor Murphy Issues “Stay at Home Order”
- 3/20/2020 – COVID-19 Hillsborough Township Reported Case Update
- 3/19/2020 – Message from Mayor Tomson Regarding March 24 Township Committee Meeting
- 3/19/2020 – Governor Murphy Announces Changes to Upcoming New Jersey Elections in Response to COVID-19
- 3/18/2020 – Hillsborough Township Resident Tests Positive For COVID-19
- 3/16/2020 – Hillsborough Township Emergency Declaration
- 3/16/2020 – Governor Murphy Announces Aggressive Social Distancing Measures to Mitigate Further Spread of COVID-19
- 3/15/2020 – Hillsborough Health Department Advisory: Report of Local Covid-19 Cases
Hillsborough Township COVID-19 Special Bulletins
In an effort to keep the community informed, Hillsborough Township is sending out daily updates listing cancellations, closures, and resources available to our residents. If you are not already subscribed, sign up for our eNews now to receive these updates in your inbox.
- April 3, 2020
- April 2, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- March 31, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- March 27, 2020
- March 26, 2020
- March 25, 2020
- March 24, 2020
- March 23, 2020
- March 22, 2020
- March 21, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- March 19, 2020 – Senior Grocery Assistance Available
- March 18, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- March 16, 2020
- March 13, 2020
The Municipal Building is closed to the public. Many services are available online or via phone or email.
Assessor: All upcoming inspection appointments have been canceled and will be rescheduled once the health crisis is over
Building Department: The Building Department has implemented an amended inspection schedule through April 24th.Please visit the Building Department’s page for updated protocol, permit pickup procedures and for an update on precautions being taken for inspections. Scheduled inspections are still taking place at this time.
As of 4/2, the Building Department has implemented a temporary system of electronic documentation in lieu of required interior inspections of Occupied Buildings. Please visit the Building Department’s page for detailed information.
Business Advocate: Hillsborough Rewards Credit Card Grant Applications originally due on April 10, 2020 will be due at a future date to be determined.
Engineering: Beginning on Monday, March 30, the Engineering Department will be open with limited staff and will be closed on Fridays. The Engineering Department has forms and frequently asked questions on the Engineering Forms page. Permit applications and required fees can be mailed to the attention of the Engineering Department. The staff will continue to review permits.
Finance: Anyone needing to have their Senior Tax Freeze Form filled and certified can mail it to the attention of the Tax Collector, and we will fill it out and mail it right back
Fire Safety: All business inspections and smoke alarm certification inspections have been suspended at this time. Hillsborough Township Fire District Incident Response/Hillsborough Police Department Temporary New Guidelines.
Library: The Library will be closed to the public through 4/5/2020. The library is in the process of being cleaning as per the CDC guidelines
Municipal Court: All Hillsborough, Montgomery and Manville Municipal Court sessions have been canceled through 4/26/2020. Defendants will be notified by mail of a new court date. Please contact the court if your contact information or mailing address has changed. (908) 369-3532. Many traffic matters can still be paid online at www.njmcdirect.com The office is currently staffed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 8 am and noon. Please call the court during these time periods if you require assistance. Some motor vehicle violations can be handled via mail without the necessity of a court appearance. Please contact the court to determine whether or not your court matter may be eligible for this type of plea by mail hearing.
MUA: The Hillsborough Municipal Utilities Authority office located at 220 Triangle Road is closed. A Message from the Township of Hillsborough Municipal Utilities Authority regarding clogging sewer pipes and pump station equipment.
Parks and Recreation Department: All Spring programs have been suspended indefinitely. All playgrounds, skate parks, dog parks, and bathrooms/porta johns are closed.
Police: The Hillsborough Township Police Department has put in place temporary procedures is to help decrease unnecessary contact and reduce the risk of person to person transmission of novel coronavirus.
Social Services: Hillsborough residents in need of temporary assistance from the Township’s Community Assistance Network (C.A.N.) can visit the website for information and to find the application. The Hillsborough food bank is accepting donations Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Community COVID-19 Resources
- Bridgeway Healthcare is Now Hiring Helping Hands!
- Somerset County Business Partnership Local Business Resources
- Duke Farms Launches Distance Learning Portal
- Adult Day Center of Somerset County is Offering Free Virtual Programs and Resources to Caregivers and Older Adults
- Where and how do I get tested for COVID-19 in New Jersey? Who should get testing?
- Hillsborough Food Establishments’ Updated Operation Hours and Closures
- Comcast Opens Xfinity WiFi Network Nationally for Free, Offers Unlimited Data for Free
- PSE&G Implements Operational Updates to Continue to Safeguard Customer and Employee Health
- ShopRite of Hillsborough is reserving its first hour of business (7-8 am) for those who are elderly or high-risk
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Resources
- Animals and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Does my business need to close?
- Safe+Sound Somerset
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: COVID-19 Resource and Info Guide
- The ARC of Somerset County Contact Information
Lauren Frary, Executive Director
Chris Corvino, Associate Executive Director
- Live stream Religious Services:
St. Joseph’s Parish
Mary, Mother of God Church
Neshanic Reformed Church
Hillsborough Reformed Church at Millstone
County & State Resources
- Mortgage Relief
- SNAP Benefits
- Information Sharing Law Enforcement Update COVID-19
- Richard Hall Community Health & Wellness Center Mental Health Resources
- State and Federal programs – enhancing liquidity in the Mutual Debt Market
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub
- COVID-19 Rumor Control and Disinformation Updates
- Somerset County COVID-19 Case Map
- March Recycling Cancellations – First Saturday, E-waste, Shredding
Community Closures & Cancellations
- All schools, including Hillsborough Township Schools, are closed through at least 4/17/2020
- Duke Farms is closed to the public
- Somerset County Division of Transportation announced that starting Friday, March 20, paratransit services will be limited to dialysis appointments only
Please be advised that all non-essential meetings, both internal and external, have been canceled until further notice. Only meetings critical in nature will be held at this time and will have limited attendance. We will be monitoring the situation and will update as needed.
- 3/18/2020 – Board of Adjustment
- 3/23/2020 – Environmental Commission
- 3/25/2020 – Board of Adjustment
- 3/26/2020 – Planning Board
- 3/26/2020 – Historic Preservation Commission
- 3/30/2020 – Sign Review Committee
- 4/1/2020 – Board of Adjustment
- 4/1/2020 – Recreation and Parks Commission
- 4/2/2020 – Planning Board
- 4/9/2020 – Planning Board
- 4/20/2020 – Agricultural Advisory Committee
- 4/27/2020 – Environmental Commission Meeting
- 4/30/2020 – Historic Preservation Commission