BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANCE of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges, and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one year experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com.