SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD – Part-Time, Weekday Mornings and Afternoons
Total of 3 hours and 2 minutes per day. Times are subject to change during half days, late openings and early dismissals.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Works independently to safely cross school-aged youth at designated school crossings.
- Stopping and starting traffic as needed.
- Report incidents or dangerous situations to the Police Department.
- Give directions and aid citizens as needed.
- Report chronically bad student behavior or vehicle violations to the Police Department.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Have reliable transportation to and from your assigned post.
- Have a telephone at your place of residence.
- Be available to work various times between 7:20AM – 4:15PM on School Days.
- Knowledge of traffic regulations and rules of the road.
- Ability and willingness to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work with children, ability to follow written and oral instructions, ability to maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties which include but are not limited to; prolonged standing and holding a stop paddle in an extended position, ability to communicate, adequate hearing and vision.
- Applicants must be able to pass a medical exam to include vision and hearing testing.
- Applicants must satisfactorily complete a background investigation.
Forward a cover letter of interest, resume, and 3 references, to Dianne Borngesser: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October 19, 2018
Part Time Office Assistant/Floater – Administration/Clerk’s Office
Position Summary: This high profile position performs a complex variety of administrative duties including assisting visitors, answering telephone calls, coordinating meetings, typing minutes and letters, monthly reporting, handling application and permit requests and associated documentation and additional ad hoc duties. Additional responsibilities include potential temporary placement in other departments on an as-needed basis.
Must be proficient in MS Office and Google
Please send resume and letter of interest to: Dianne G. Borngesser, email@example.com.
BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANCE of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges, and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one year experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.