Due to the anticipated volume of requests for 2019 Spring Semester Parking Passes for the Township Park and Ride Lot, a lottery will be held. If you would like a chance to purchase a parking pass, stop by the Administration Office at the Municipal Building to fill out a lottery ticket.
Lottery tickets may be submitted in the Township Administration Office during the following times:
- Thursday, January 31st from 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Friday, February 1st from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Monday, February 4th from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Tickets will be selected at random and those selected will be contacted on Tuesday, February 5th. Selected numbers will also be posted on the Hillsborough Township Website at 3 pm on Tuesday, February 5th.
If selected, the student (or a representative) must come to the Administration Office by 4:30 pm on Friday, February 8th to purchase the pass. Passes not picked up/purchased by that time will be forfeited and additional numbers will be drawn.
In order to purchase a pass, the following items must be presented:*
- The student’s driver’s license – Permits will not be issued to students who do not have a drivers license. Learner’s permits are not acceptable. A picture or photocopy of the license is acceptable if a parent is obtaining the permit for their child.
- The registration of the car to be parked – present original, take a photo on your cellphone or make a photocopy. The document will not be retained, it is for vehicle information only
- $25 Cash or Check. Exact change only. Checks payable to Hillsborough Township
- A completed application. Applications will be available at the time of sale or can be printed and filled out ahead of time. The form is available on the Hillsborough Township website in the form center. Download Now
*All 4 of the listed requirements must be presented at time of purchase
A limited number of Permits for the Park and Ride Lot, located on South side of Amwell Road between Route 206 and Estate Drive, are available for purchase by Hillsborough High School Students. Passes can be purchased for a fee of $25.
Passes will be made available for purchase shortly after the distribution of parking passes by Hillsborough High School. Permits shall be issued semi-annually subject to availability. The semi-annual permits shall be valid from the start of the school year through January 31 and February 1 through the end of the school year.
- Parking permits are assigned to the vehicle identified on the application and are nontransferable.
- Parking permits must be adhered to the rear window of the driver’s side of the vehicle.
- Vehicles must be parked head-on in a designated parking space.
- Signs or advertisements identifying a vehicle is for sale may not be displayed in or upon a vehicle or be made visible in any way while a vehicle is parked in a permit parking lot.
For more information, please refer to the Permits for Township Parking Areas and Park and Ride Facilities Ordinance