A resident can contact PSE&G at 1-800-436-PSEG (7734) and report the location of the streetlight outage or by logging into the PSE&G website at https://myaccount.pseg.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=pseg&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fmyportal.pseg.com%3A50000%2Firj%2Fportal
If the resident does not have any account they can create one.
Once they have created an account and logged in to PSE&G they will:
Click the tab Report a Streetlight Out
Enter the following information
– Contact Name
– First and Last
– Pole Number: (if you have it)
– House Number: (Nearest Streetlight)
– Street Name
– Zip Code: 08844
– Nearest Cross Street
– Comments (if any provided by the caller, but not required)
9. Click Submit
10. A pop up will appear saying: Thank you. Your streetlight outages have been reported. The following order numbers have been created to repair them: XXXXXXXXXXXX (The order numbers given represent the work order number.)
11. Shortly after you report the streetlight outage, you will receive an e-mail confirming all information submitted to the PSE&G website.
12. Click Log Out
A resident can contact us to report the location of the streetlight outage and we can report the outage online.
A MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MANY RESIDENTS HAVE IS THAT ONCE THEY REPORT THE OUTAGE TO US, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE. THAT IS NOT CORRECT. AS A COURTESY, WE REPORT THE STREETLIGHT OUTAGE TO PSE&G BUT IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIX THE OUTAGE OR FOLLOW UP WITH THE COMPANY.