Plumbing Inspector – Full-time
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an open position. The full-time Plumbing Inspector will be responsible for daily field inspections, as assigned by, and under the direct supervision of, the full-time Plumbing Subcode Official. This is an AFSCME Union position with a 40-hour work week. Township vehicle provided for inspections. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
- Plumbing Inspector ICS license
- Strong customer service skills
- Good computer and technology skills
- Valid NJ driver’s license
- Clearance of a criminal history background check
- Mechanical Inspector license
- Plumbing Subcode Official license
Please forward resume, three references and a cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Police Officers
Applicants must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification or must presently be attending a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certified Academy. SLEO class II and out of state certifications are not acceptable.
- You MUST be NJPTC Certified or attending an NJPTC Certified Academy.
- At least 18 years of age and less than 35 years of age, or is within the requirements set by the New Jersey PFRS
- Resident of the State of New Jersey at time of appointment
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Good moral character and temperament
- Good physical condition
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary – $41,715 while attending the Police Academy. $47,715 if already New Jersey Police Training Commission Certified
- Longevity pay
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Employee Health Benefits Program
- Dental plan
- Supplied uniforms
- NJ Police and Fire Pension
- Oral interview
- Background investigation
- Second Oral interview
- Drug testing
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
Please direct questions regarding this job to email@example.com
Electrical Inspector, Full Time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Responsible for daily field inspections, as assigned by, and under the direct supervision of, the full-time Electrical Subcode Official. This is an AFSCME Union position with a 40-hour work week. Township vehicle provided for inspections.
- Electrical Inspector ICS license.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Clearance of a criminal history background check.
- Electrical Subcode Official license
- Interest/desire to obtain additional licenses
HOURS OF WORK:
8:00am – 4:30pm (40 hours per week)
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANC3E of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A VALID NEW JERSEY DRIVERS LICENSE AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges, and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one year experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com.