PLUMBING INSPECTOR – Part-time
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Plumbing Inspector, to provide services to our growing community. The part-time Plumbing Inspector will be working in conjunction with our full-time Plumbing Inspector and is responsible for daily field inspections, as assigned by, and under the direct supervision of, the full-time Plumbing Subcode Official. 29 work hours maximum per week with a fixed schedule. Township vehicle provided for inspections. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
- Plumbing Inspector ICS license
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good computer and technology skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clearance of a criminal history background check.
- Mechanical Inspector license.
- Willing to work Saturdays if needed.
Please forward a cover letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLICE DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK
General Description of Work:
The Hillsborough Township Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position of Police Administrative Clerk. Responsibilities include the performance of various record keeping functions. Strong communication skills both verbal and written, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various associates and the public are essential. Coordinates with the Municipal Prosecutor, the Municipal Court Staff, Police Officers, Defense Attorneys and the general public in the preparation of discovery for contested Court cases. Responds to requests under the Open Public Records Act and Common Law. Answers phone calls, takes messages and responds to e-mail inquiries in a timely, polite and professional manner. Performs data entry into the Police Records Management System and compiles statistical reports. Maintains financial records and assists with the preparation of payroll. Manages the retention and disposition of police records.
Works under the direct supervision of the Administrative Division Commander.
This general description of work is intended to illustrate various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude such tasks from the responsibilities of the position if the work is similar, related or considered logical for the position.
Hours of Work:
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. or 7:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (40 hours per week)
- Must pass a police background investigation
- Strict confidentiality is essential
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google applications
- Must be able to effectively manage e-mail accounts
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- The ability lo maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with co-workers and associates.
- Be able to multitask complex clerical assignments while meeting strict timelines
- Must maintain a calm, professional demeanor at all times, to include during confrontational situations
Education and Experience:
- This position requires, at a minimum, formal education of a High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in a law enforcement agency is preferred
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
HILLSBOROUGH TWP. POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICERS
Applicant must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification or presently attending an NJPTC Certified Academy. SLEO class II certifications are not applicable.
- Starting Salary- $41,715.00
- Longevity pay
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Employee Health Benefits Program
- Dental plan
- Supplied uniforms
- NJ Police and Fire Pension
- At least 18 years of age and less than 35 years of age, or is within the requirements set by the PFRS
- Resident of the State of New Jersey at time of appointment
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Good moral character and temperament
- Good physical condition, height proportionate to weight
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment
- Oral interview
- Background investigation
- Second Oral interview
- Drug testing
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
How to Apply:
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS MECHANIC – Full Time
Hillsborough Township, Somerset County – The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of full-time Mechanic in the Department of Public Works under supervision, performs a variety of repairs, and maintenance tasks involving various types of automotive equipment, trucks, vehicles, heavy equipment. All duties are performed in accordance with Hillsborough Township safety codes and safe work practices.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and repairs on Hillsborough Township vehicles.
- Performs road tests on vehicles in order to assure proper operating levels.
- Makes service calls on equipment that break down on the road.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engines and diesel powered equipment and vehicles, and all related components including transmissions, brakes, shock absorbers, drive trains, cooling and electrical systems, balance tires, etc.
- Operates engine analyzer, laptop computers and other equipment to locate and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
- Maintain records of all work accomplished for database entry.
- Knowledge of welders and metal fabricating.
- Ability to perform vehicle recovery and towing operations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or two years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL / Class B license, with air brake endorsement and tanker endorsements.
- CDL / Class A license preferred supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
- Forklift license or the ability to secure one.
- Supplemental Vo-Tech Automotive courses, minimum five years related experience, and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ongoing certification in all areas of automotive repairs.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Employees must regularly lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANC3E of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A VALID NEW JERSEY DRIVERS LICENSE AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one years experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com.