BUILDING DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT- Full Time
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for full-time Technical Assistant to fill a retirement opening. The preferred candidate should currently hold a Technical Assistant Certification. Responsibilities include assisting the public with filing permit applications, issuing permits, scheduling inspections, management of files and archives, preparing daily deposits, and submitting reports required by the NJ Department of Community Affairs. This is an AFSCME Union position, with a 40-hour work week, which may include Tuesday evenings, but with a later morning start time on that day. Salary DOQ. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
- Technical Assistant Certification
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Valid Drivers License
- Clearance of a criminal history background check
- Currently enrolled in Technical Assistant educational course
- Experience with Mitchell-Humphrey Construction Manager software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Google apps
Please forward a cover letter of interest, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS MECHANIC – Full Time
Hillsborough Township, Somerset County – The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of full-time Mechanic in the Department of Public Works under supervision, performs a variety of repairs, and maintenance tasks involving various types of automotive equipment, trucks, vehicles, heavy equipment. All duties are performed in accordance with Hillsborough Township safety codes and safe work practices.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and repairs on Hillsborough Township vehicles.
- Performs road tests on vehicles in order to assure proper operating levels.
- Makes service calls on equipment that break down on the road.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engines and diesel powered equipment and vehicles, and all related components including transmissions, brakes, shock absorbers, drive trains, cooling and electrical systems, balance tires, etc.
- Operates engine analyzer, laptop computers and other equipment to locate and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
- Maintain records of all work accomplished for database entry.
- Knowledge of welders and metal fabricating.
- Ability to perform vehicle recovery and towing operations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or two years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL / Class B license, with air brake endorsement and tanker endorsements.
- CDL / Class A license preferred supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
- Forklift license or the ability to secure one.
- Supplemental Vo-Tech Automotive courses, minimum five years related experience, and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ongoing certification in all areas of automotive repairs.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Employees must regularly lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANC3E of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A VALID NEW JERSEY DRIVERS LICENSE AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one years experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.