CLERK IN THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT – Full Time
The Hillsborough Finance Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the full-time position of Clerk in the Finance Department. Typical tasks and primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Billing, Collecting, Reporting and Enforcement of Property Taxes as well as Billing and Collecting for Dog Licenses. Additional duties will include backup for Payroll. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation of annual tax sale and preparation of legal documents.
- Advanced Excel
- General knowledge of Word and other Microsoft Office Applications and Google
- General Accounting / Bookkeeping Skills
- Analytical / Mathematical Skills
- Ability to use basic office machines such as a calculator
- Ability to interact with general public effectively and in a professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees and outside vendors
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate over the telephone
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from High School including or supplemented by courses in accounting or bookkeeping or prior work experience. Experience in payroll a plus. Experience in Edmund’s software a plus.
Must be open to enrolling in and completing courses and/or seminars relating to finance or tax collection as determined by the CFO.
Works under the close supervision of the CFO/Tax Collector/Treasurer.
Hours or Work: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (40 hours per week)
Pleases send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION BUS DRIVER – Part Time
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Senior Transportation Bus Driver, to provide services to our growing community. The Senior Transportation Bus Driver will be responsible for daily transportation of senior citizens/disabled residents in a safe, efficient and courteous manner using a 14-passenger bus or other municipal vehicle. These trips include doctors’ offices, physical therapy, grocery shopping, banking, etc. Additional duties of the Senior Transportation Bus Driver shall be to support the operations of the Community Assistance Network by picking up and delivering food to and from the facility. Provide assistance during shelter operations. This position works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Social Services.
- New Jersey Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B, with Passenger Endorsement.
- Comply with ALL rules listed in the Commercial Driver’s Manual including notifying the Director of a conviction for any traffic violation (except parking) regardless of the type of motor vehicle being driven.
- A physical must be done every two years to obtain a valid Medical Certificate
- A completed self-certification form
- First Aid / CPR/AED Certification
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Department of Motor Vehicles check upon hire and once a year thereafter.
- Completion of a defensive driving class every three years.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle being driven.
- Min 1 year experience driving a passenger bus transporting adults
- Minimum 1 year of customer service
- Experience with loading and unloading wheelchair passengers on and off the wheelchair lift and secure wheelchair properly while on the bus
- Completion of NJ Transit training program, Passenger Service and Safety (PASS), including passing the test at the end of the training
- E.R.T. Certification
Pleases send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT – Administration/Clerk’s Office
This high profile position performs a complex variety of administrative duties including assisting visitors, answering telephone calls, coordinating meetings, typing minutes and letters, monthly reporting, handling application and permit requests and associated documentation and additional ad hoc duties.
Must be proficient in MS Office and Google Applications
Please send resume and letter of interest to Dianne G. Borngesser at email@example.com
PLUMBING INSPECTOR – Part-time
The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Plumbing Inspector, to provide services to our growing community. The part-time Plumbing Inspector will be working in conjunction with our full-time Plumbing Inspector and is responsible for daily field inspections, as assigned by, and under the direct supervision of, the full-time Plumbing Subcode Official. 29 work hours maximum per week with a fixed schedule. Township vehicle provided for inspections. The Township of Hillsborough is an equal opportunity employer.
- Plumbing Inspector ICS license
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good computer and technology skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clearance of a criminal history background check.
- Mechanical Inspector license.
- Willing to work Saturdays if needed.
Please forward a cover letter of interest, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HILLSBOROUGH TWP. POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FULL-TIME POLICE OFFICERS
Applicant must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification or presently attending an NJPTC Certified Academy. SLEO class II certifications are not applicable.
- Starting Salary- $41,715.00
- Longevity pay
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Employee Health Benefits Program
- Dental plan
- Supplied uniforms
- NJ Police and Fire Pension
- At least 18 years of age and less than 35 years of age, or is within the requirements set by the PFRS
- Resident of the State of New Jersey at time of appointment
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Good moral character and temperament
- Good physical condition, height proportionate to weight
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment
- Oral interview
- Background investigation
- Second Oral interview
- Drug testing
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
How to Apply:
DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS MECHANIC – Full Time
Hillsborough Township, Somerset County – The Township of Hillsborough is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of full-time Mechanic in the Department of Public Works under supervision, performs a variety of repairs, and maintenance tasks involving various types of automotive equipment, trucks, vehicles, heavy equipment. All duties are performed in accordance with Hillsborough Township safety codes and safe work practices.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks and repairs on Hillsborough Township vehicles.
- Performs road tests on vehicles in order to assure proper operating levels.
- Makes service calls on equipment that break down on the road.
- Repairs gasoline and diesel engines and diesel powered equipment and vehicles, and all related components including transmissions, brakes, shock absorbers, drive trains, cooling and electrical systems, balance tires, etc.
- Operates engine analyzer, laptop computers and other equipment to locate and repair mechanical and electrical problems.
- Maintain records of all work accomplished for database entry.
- Knowledge of welders and metal fabricating.
- Ability to perform vehicle recovery and towing operations.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or two years related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL / Class B license, with air brake endorsement and tanker endorsements.
- CDL / Class A license preferred supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
- Forklift license or the ability to secure one.
- Supplemental Vo-Tech Automotive courses, minimum five years related experience, and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ongoing certification in all areas of automotive repairs.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Employees must regularly lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
Please forward resume to: email@example.com
BUILDING MAINTENANCE PERSON – Part-Time – Weekends
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE performing routine work involved in the GENERAL MAINTENANC3E of the Township’s public buildings, required to make minor repairs and maintenance of the buildings.
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A VALID NEW JERSEY DRIVERS LICENSE AND A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repairing doors, locks, hinges and windows as needed.
- Performing minor patching, glazing, painting and caulking.
- Maintaining walk areas by sweeping, shovel and clearing.
- Repairing and replacing light fixtures, outlets, fuses, plugs, and cords.
- Removing trash and completing other custodial work.
- Moving tables, chairs, equipment and other items.
- General plumbing repairs and maintenance
Said employee shall be proficient in the reading and writing of the English language in order to ensure complete communication by and between the personnel in the various departments and Department Supervisors. At least one year of experience in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- At least one years experience in building maintenance.
- A valid NJ driver’s license.
- Knowledge of proper procedures used in making routine repairs and skillful use of tools and equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written directions; to learn quickly from oral and written demonstration; to work harmoniously with others; to work for long periods in emergency situations and remain on the job until all repairs have been made; and to operate and skillfully use other specialized tools and equipment.
- Good health and freedom from disabling physical and mental defects which would impair the proper performance of the required duties or which might endanger the health and safety of oneself or others
- Required to pass a drug screening and a Functional Capacity Evaluation.
Please forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.