The Somerset County Park Commission will be accepting natural Christmas trees for recycling from Thursday, Dec. 26 through Jan. 31, 2020.
There are two drop off location for Somerset County residents:
- Colonial Park Gardens, Parking Lot F, 156 Mettlers Road in Somerset, Franklin Township
- North Branch Park at the lighted baseball field, 355 Milltown Road in Bridgewater.
Both facilities will accept trees from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., seven days a week.
There are several guidelines to keep in mind when dropping off trees:
- Each family is limited to only one tree that must be free of all ornaments, wires, netting, and tinsel
- Only natural trees will be accepted
- Wreaths and garland will not be accepted as these items cannot be recycled
- Deliveries from groups or dealers will be rejected
Trees will be chipped into wood chip mulch which will be used throughout the park system to mulch plantings. Some chips/mulch will be made available to the public at each of the drop-off sites at no cost.For information, call the Somerset County Park Commission Horticulture Department at 908-722-1200, ext. 5721 or the Relay Service at 711 for individuals with a hearing and/or speech impairment, Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.